Benefits of ACF
from Edward F. Steigerwaldt, National ACF President 2006 – 2008
As a long term ACF member, I can easily list the incredible benefits of membership. Some of these include:
- Personal contacts with the most knowledgeable foresters in the world. At any meeting I can quickly get a read on forest markets throughout the country and find out about new technology.
- ACF members routinely share information and mentor young members.
- My best friends are ACF members.
- Annual meetings are held in various states where the meetings and surrounding areas are interesting. The meetings have excellent topics, and of course, you can meet foresters from around the country.
- ACF Errors and Omissions Insurance.
- Code of Ethics with enforcement.
- Opportunities to learn leadership by participating in conferences, committees, and serving with a chapter leader or ACF Board Member.
With ACF, I can say that I have gained knowledge and skills that cannot be learned in any other way.
The ultimate goal of WI ACF’s programs and initiatives is to advance our members’ ability to practice socially and scientifically responsible forestry on both public and private forest lands.
Become an ACF member, and you'll have more than 600 new colleagues and advisers who will join you each time you enter the forests you manage.